You would think with so many trends in makeup these days, there is not a wrong way to enhance your beauty. Yes, there is. Keep reading and you will discover the top makeup mistakes that women routinely make. See if you are guilty of any of them yourself.
Reason for Makeup
Why do you wear makeup in the first place? For most women, it is to look more beautiful. Makeup can enhance great features and minimize those we don’t want to draw attention towards. As they say, “makeup covers a multitude of sins.”
Unfortunately, if you are not applying it properly, you could be creating more problems than you solve. Remember, the clown face is only for the circus and Halloween. Spare yourself the agony and strange looks by getting it right before you walk out the door. Look your best at every turn.
Top Five Makeup Mistakes Women Make
1. Drawing on your face – Drawing your eyebrows in is a no-no. That single thin line along the brow bone actually gives you more of an alien “I come in peace” look. For thin eyebrows, use brow powder to give the illusion of fullness. Another trick is to use a brow pencil in short feathery strokes amongst your natural brows and then brow powder on top.
2. Dark lip liner on light lips – This is a totally 80s look and is no longer in fashion – anywhere. Black lip liner with red lipstick or red liner with nude lipstick is not happening. Always try to match your lip liner to the color of your lipstick for a flawless look that shapes the lip without bleeding and feathering.
3. Cat eyes – We’ve all seen it. The eyeliner that extends so far outside the corner of the eye that you look like you stepped out of an Egyptian hieroglyph. It is not necessary to create a dramatic eye. Instead, use a liner pencil and frame the upper and lower lashes with both lines meeting no more than a quarter of an inch past the eye’s corner.
4. Clumpy mascara – It makes it look like you got made up in a hurry. Lashes make eyes “pop” when they are each smoothly coated to the end with a mascara brush. They lengthen and separate. What is not so cute are intermittent clumps along the lashes that can be easily seen. There was probably too much mascara on the brush before you started. Combing lashes after application can remove such clumps.
5. Cherry cheeks – It is not necessary to make the apples of your cheeks noticeably brighter that the rest of your face. A good blush application is one that gives you a hint of colorful flush that seamlessly blends in with the rest of your skin color. Always bump off any excess blush from the brush before application.