What to do with all that leftover turkey? Here is a simple yet tasty turkey pot pie recipe that will help you with your leftover turkey dilemma.
After Christmas Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a large pan, saute the carrots, onion, celery, thyme and pepper in butter until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Place the turkey and flower in a large resealable plastic bag shake to coat the turkey evenly.
- Add the turkey, soup and green beans to the sauteed vegetable mixture. Stir well to ensure the mixture is combined.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with the bottom crust. Add the turkey mixture and set it aside.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie; seal and flute edges of the pie crusts.
- Cut several small slits in the pastry for steam to escape.
- Brush the top crust and edges with milk.
- Cover the edges loosely with foil.
- Bake the potpie at 350°F for 55-65 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- This recipe is best served warm.